Monday, October 1, 2007

Week 9: Thing # 20, Youtube

There's so much stuff on Youtube that I think you can find something on almost any topic.
I searched for quilting, and came up with more than 20 videos, most of which were instructional. I was intrigued by the video that I posted on my blog. This instructor managed to show how to create an appliqued vest in less than 3 minutes.
Posting the video to the blog was very easy. All I had to do was follow the instructions for posting. I did not have to paste the code for the embeddable player at all. Youtube had it set up so that all you had to do was click on the appropriate button, and the link was created for you.
During this whole 23 things process we have watched quite a few videos with instructions on how to use a particular website or feature. It might make sense to think about using videos to show patrons how to use library websites or how to use features like Overdrive audio books. Many people learn more easily when they are shown how to do something instead of having to read instructions. Of course, we would need the bandwidth to play all that video!

No comments: